- PLACES TO STAY - TRAVELER & VISITOR ACCOMODATIONS in/around PEMBREY, WALES and English Country Side
- HISTORIC RAIL LINES
- The Gwendraeth Valley Railway in its canal base ... close to its terminus at Burry Port Harbour.
Over it passes the Great Western Railway line to West Wales
and the Irish Ferry at Fishguard.
Industrial history - former track of the Gwendraeth
Railway - built on a
filled in canal dating from the 1790s - moving coal to Burry Port (see also
Burry Port Club & Reading Room - the docks
and wharf being close to the venerable reading room. True to form this
track is still known as "the canal" and makes a good walk - floods
- CHURCHES & CHAPELS
- WELSH RURAL PUBS & INNS
Credits: Photos of Wales and UK & Commentary
This section is developed from photos and commentary by our contributing travel-writer, John Evans during a recent visit to Pembrey, Wales to our
web folks at MetroTown.info
John Evans is also the publisher of www.PNGBUAI.com Papua New Guinea's research level web collection of
Books Useful Articles and Information ("BUAI")
| Home Page MetroTown.info |
Rural Welsh Pubs & Real Ales
Historic Chapels & Graves
Other Web Information-Sites about Wales
- BBC News UK edition on the Internet about South West Wales
- Carmarthenshire County Council
"Carmarthenshire County Council is one of the largest and most diverse employers in
South West Wales. Over 9000 employees, working in a range of occupations and professions,
provide services across a beautiful rural county with a population of around 170,000.
" [cited fr. www.carmarthenshire.gov.uk/
- Carmarthenshire Family History Society
- Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru - The National Library of Wales
- Thomas Parry Library at the University of Wales Aberystwyth
- Heritage in Wales - Cadw
Cadw is a Welsh word which means 'to keep'.
Cadw's mission is to protect, conserve, and to promote an appreciation of the built heritage of Wales.
The full title of the organization is Cadw: Welsh Historic Monuments Executive Agency, and it is a part of the National Assembly for Wales. Created in 1984, Cadw carries out the complete range of responsibilities for the conservation, presentation, and promotion of the built heritage of Wales on behalf of the National Assembly for Wales. These duties include:
- Securing the preservation of ancient monuments and historic buildings.
- Grant aiding the repair of ancient monuments and historic buildings.
- Managing 129 ancient monuments in Wales which are in direct State care.
- Tourism attractions in Wales
- Castles of Wales
- Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
"The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama is the national conservatoire for Wales.
It was founded in 1949 when it was housed in Cardiff Castle and, in 1974, moved to its purpose-built premises in the Castle Grounds, just a few hundred yards from the city centre. With over 300 performances a year, there is a wide range of performance opportunities available in one of RWCMD's six venues, or further afield at venues in Wales, the United Kingdom and beyond.
" [quoted from www.rwcmd.ac.uk 2003/10/18]
- The University of Wales - PRIFYSGOL CYMRU